The regulatory landscape around data privacy is exponentially evolving and has become a boardroom discussion. With our focus on the key developments in the data privacy domain, we at LegaLogic assist our clients in developing and implementing robust data protection and privacy frameworks to comply with data protection laws.
Our team has been active in advising clients on some of the complex data privacy issues in innovative and niche areas, including but not limited to Digital Health, Fin-Tech, Cryptocurrency, Digital Assets, Web 3.0, Blockchain, Biotechnology, Genetics Technologies, and Gaming.
The journey from “compliance burden” to “competitive edge” and beyond
By balancing privacy compliance against organizational limitations, we understand the practical challenges of implementing privacy from scratch.
Our broad range of services includes:
Advisory and Compliance
- Advisory on complex data processing structures with data flows spanning various jurisdictions (Cross Border Transfers)
- Compliance advice on regulatory, sectoral, and industry-specific Indian data protection laws, as well as global data protection regulations like the EU and UK General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- Advisory on data localization requirements
- Advisory on an individual’s privacy rights
- Data privacy gap analysis (data discovery and mapping)
- Building a tailor-made privacy program
- Drafting of privacy notices, cookie management, and internal privacy policies
- Employee data privacy aspects
- Information security compliance
- Operationalizing data protection strategies
- Developing data breach response and mitigation strategies
- Privacy risk analysis thorough data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- Guidance on privacy by design for products and applications
- Strategizing data subject access rights (DSAR) and commercial communications
- Outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) services
- Privacy Audit
- Vetting and negotiation of data privacy contracts
- Contract dispute evaluation and counselling concerning (underlying privacy issues)
- Assist in responding to regulatory bodies
- Due diligence and assistance on data privacy aspects in M & A transactions.
- Evaluations of vendor data security
Curated data privacy awareness sessions for various stakeholders
To know more about the practice area and our expertise, please write to us at [email protected]