English, Hindi and Marathi
Chartered Secretary (Final Pass), UK
Bachelor of Law, ILS Law College, Pune
Company Secretary (CS)
Management Accountant (CMA)
Bachelor of Commerce, MCC, Mumbai
Vivek brings over 27 years of deep experience with expertise spanning multiple sectors, including international technology and commercial deals, successful IPOs, leading venture capital and private equity funding mergers and acquisitions/takeovers, joint venture arrangements, investor relations management, has worked with Indian and Multinational Organizations, involved in Finance and Treasury functions. Vivek has worked extensively in negotiating international commercial contracts, negotiating intellectual property licensing agreements, handling intellectual property rights issues, labour law, options design shares for employees, negotiating foreign currency loans, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital agreements, restructuring affairs and setting up local offices and companies/ foreign.
Vivek used to work at Persistent Systems Ltd. (www.persistent.com) for thirteen and a half years as General Counsel and Company Secretary apart from being the head of Investor Relations. He also has experience working with Kirloskar Group, Bombay Dyeing and Siemens.
Vivek has a talent for teaching and writing and has contributed numerous articles to leading professional journals, newspapers and memoirs published at national and international conferences. He is also a visiting professor at many business schools, professional academies, and law schools.
• Member of Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
• Pune University, Member – Board of Research
• ILS Law College, Member – College Development Committee
• Adjunct Faculty, Nowrosjee Wadia College
• Ranked # 6 Investor Relations Professional in India by Thomson Reuters for the year 2011
• Recipient of “Surya Datta IT Excellence Award” in the category of Best CFO / Company Secretary for the year 2005
• Won First Generation Successful Entrepreneur Award (Instituted by MCCIA in the memory of Late Kiran Natu Udyojakta Puraskar) for the year 2020